Linden Update | December 2017
“Free Form” December Tastings at Linden
After a busy fall of harvest, crush, and cellar work we are kicking back and taking it easy. Linden’s tasting room will be open only for six days this December. Last December we introduced a different kind of tasting format. We call it Free Form. Each weekend the tastings will vary and will include pre-releases and older vintages. These tastings are designed for our much-appreciated Linden wine aficionados and wine geeks. We’ll all be on hand to tell you about the wines and share our experiences in growing and making them.
The pre-release wines will be a preview of many of the vintages that we will release in 2018. They were bottled some time ago, but we have been patiently waiting for them to evolve so that they are ready for prime time. It will be a good opportunity to taste a lot of new vintages at one time (and also two new wines for Linden). These wines will be available for sale.
The older vintages will be from Linden’s library. In some cases they will be for tasting only (we only have a handful of bottles left), but some of the wines will have some limited availability for purchase.
We look forward to seeing you and sharing all these wines. Just come. We won’t be taking reservations, in fact, nothing will be different except the wines. And that’s what we are all about!
Just a few housekeeping items:
- Free Form December Tastings are from 11:00 to 5:00 on Saturdays and Sundays for the weekends of Dec. 2 & 3, Dec. 9 & 10, and Dec. 16 & 17.
- Regular tasting fees will apply.
- We will not be offering tours or cellar tastings in December.
- Maximum group size remains at four.
- Linden is now closed on Fridays and will be closed for the holidays beginning Monday December 18, 2017. We will reopen on Saturday January 6, 2018.